City of London Investment Trust plc CTY
Founded in: 1891
City of London Investment Trust plc was formed as City of London Brewery Company Ltd in 1860 to acquire Calverts, a family brewing business at Upper Thames Street in the City of London. The brewery had extensive interests in the licensed premises trade. In 1932 the name was changed to The City of London Brewery and Investment Trust Ltd, parts of the business having been sold and the proceeds invested in securities. In 1968 the remaining part of the brewery business was sold and the Company concentrated exclusively on investments in securities.
No stock splits.